Friday, January 20, 2012

Lesson of the Day...

Tobacco companies and Postal Services are killing me!!!

Ok not literally yes I know tobacco kills ya. But not where I'm going with this post. Anyways do you ever have that thing that you do when you're really stressed out?? Eat, Drink a DP, chew tobacco (ok if any girl says yes to this..GROSS), or if you're really good work out. Well the hubby likes his Copenhagen Long Cut and for me that means sending it on a great trip that I don't even get to take. So here's the break down. 3 rolls of stuff this morning at the commisary cost me $67.50. THEN I go to mail it.

Postal Lady (who was super sweet by the way): Did you fill out a Customs form?

Me: Uh no.

Postal Lady: Is this your first time?

Me: Yes that is why I'm clueless and have NO idea what to do.

Postal Lady: Is there anything liquid or perishable?

Me (In My head): Well technically it isn't perishable b/c it is already brown although he really complains when it's old but really NO complaining can be done. So my answer was NO.

Postal Lady: Ok, well you can ship in this flat rate box for $4.95.

Me: Ok great!! Not too bad

Postal Lady: Ok, lets's fill out this form.

Me: Ok, let me just write the address again

Postal Lady: We have to put exactly what's in here.

Me: Well good thing I wasn't sending anything dirty! (LOL NOT THAT I WOULD IN A MILLION YEARS!) It's tobacco

Postal Lady: Sigh well theres gonna be a slight problem We have to fill out extra forms and it can not be in this pretty little box you just so nicely taped up.

Me: Awesome! (thinking to myself you better not charge me for this nice $5 box you just told me to put it in! LOL)

Postal Lady: You really should tell him to stop this

Me: Ya well that's kinda hard. You see I tried that when he left and ya here I am so that's not gonna happen any time soon!!

Postal Lady: AND THE REST OF THE POSTAL SERVICE HERE Well It has to be less than 10 ounces.

Me: Well poo b/c there is a lot. Does this mean I need to send each can separate leading to 15 packages? (SHIT this is gonna get expensive)

Postal Lady: Well let's weigh it out and maybe we can put it in smaller bags b/c someone else send cigarettes this morning and we just did individual bags with the cartons.

Me: Ok whatever gets it there so I can be awesome wife! (And in my head...Thank GOD I'm not the only one doing this! =])

Postal Lady: Oh that's cute is that from your daughter?

Me: No it's from my 2 boys. Yes I smuggled tobacco in with my kids 2 pictures. Sue me!!

THen after filling out 4...YES count them 4 forms for each of the 3 packages with addresses on ALL of them and customs letters and BIG stickers saying APPROVED TOBACCO. AND big stickers saying VERIFY AGE OF RECIPIENT BEFORE DELIVERY!. Yes I felt like I was smuggling something. We got them all packaged up.

And the postal lady proceeded to tell me again. You should really make him stop this.

Me: Can I have all those forms to fill out at home so it doesn't take soo much of your time next go around because I'm pretty sure you will probably be seeing me every 2 weeks.

AND there we had it my total. At this point I was waiting for like $50. I managed to get out of the post office for a little under $17. NOW that is 4 more rolls of snuff!!!!!! Seriously! But I guess I can't complain too bad about $17. Yes it's more than $5 and was way less than $50 but still. I feel cheated. Copenhagen gets to go on a cool vaca while I'm stuck here spending my paychecks away. Yes I only work 1 day a week and yes my paycheck this week was only $150. Good thing I live off my hubby who can't enjoy his mula except in this snuff. LOL So here is to spending $80 every 2 weeks. I better be getting something really cool!!!!!!!

No comments: