Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Trying to get motivated.

Please get ready for some randomness!!! I have set out to keep up with our journey and show the good bad and ugly. So here is some random thoughts!!

I feel I should be diagnosed with senioritis. Really thought this only happened in high school. They sucky thing is that in high school we really didn't have to do much the last few weeks. Nursing school..totally opposite. It's go hard or go home time. 15 weeks!!!! Omg can't wait. This is my view right now while trying to motivate myself to study. Notice in the background Mickey is going and it just sometime more fun to watch cartoons with the boys.
Speaking of boys I found out today that I need to add something to my list of rip offs!! Subway...my kids are obsessed. I use to be but can barely eat there anymore we have had it soo much. Anyways I usually get them kids meals and they get a half of a half and honestly it's just not enough in my opinion. And I can't not give the dessert because they did eat it all. So today I had a brilliant idea to get a footlong and just split it. Yes my subway bill went from $12 down to $5 and they got double the sandwich. And we just ate chips and chocolate milk from home. Pretty good deal if you ask me. And I don't have to cook. Double bonus!! Another thing that is super hard with only us 3. Motivating myself to cook and then throwing away tons of left overs. Didn't realize how much my husband ate. Lol.
Anyways. We are slowly adjusting to our new normal. Braeden is surprisingly having a harder time and acting out a little more. Arguing talking back and yesterday my child who has never had a card pulled at school for discipline got one pulled...for talking and not listening. Surprising. As much as he tries to act like he is not a daddy's boy. I think he secretly is. So to me it is patience and not wanting to strangle the taking back arguing whining child and love and hug on the child that really needs a strong mommy!! Some of my earliest memories come from around the boys age so I want to make good ones. The boys have added something to our night time routine. Beau got to call 2 nights in a roll. Well last night was the first time the boys couldn't talk to him when they got out of bath. They got a little upset but quickly seemed to understand and got in bed. It just amazes me how much the have just accepted and been so resilient. They are my little heroes...or superheroes!!! Ok see I told you random. Sorry if you are still reading now. :). Moral of the story...we are keeping afloat and just adjusting to the best of our ability!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

you are such a good mom to the boys! and you are SO close to being done with school ... that is awesome! hope that it goes by quick for ya!

oh, and thanks for the subway advice! totally using that next time. AND i feel your pain on cooking for 3 ... totally not worth it. haha.