Monday, February 6, 2012

Behind

Well the title says it all. This last week hit me like a TON of bricks and I feel like I'm drowning. Had my first test, started clinical, boys as busy as ever (OMG don't know how we're going to add baseball and swimming to the mix), had a killer migraine that has lasted longer than one has ever lasted before. Well the boys went to Sudan with Steph on Thursday. I was suppose to meet up with them and hang out on Friday after my 12 hours clinicals but I seriously could not get rid of my headache and decided to stay home and try to catch up on some homework. I did get a little catching up and a little sleep accomplished but seriously questioned myself last week if I was going to make it until May or better yet July. Whoa I don't know how single mommys do it. It's exhausting. Braeden...Yup still acting out with his smart mouth. Just ask Steph they evidently went 'round and 'round this weekend. I just don't know what is causing it. He isn't bad with me, yes he has his moments but nothing that is constant and I really don't think I'm blind to it. We have a sticker chart and arguing/talking back is one thing they are not allowed to do. Now I'm not horrible mommy who believes my kids will never argue/talk back but once they hit my limit probably after 4-5 times of me warning them I get mean. And last night was one of those nights. The chart lets them watch a movie before bed and they have to get all their checks or no movie. They have done really good so far but last night Braeden refused to listen to me to stop arguing about playing the Wii at 10 o'clock at night..Seriously!! And well ya they didn't get a movie. Sorry mean mommy time. But I somehow have to teach him to be better with other adults and respect them. I haven't heard much from his teacher and I probably need to have a talk with her, but I would assume that if he was having major attitude problems at school I would have been told about it. Ok no assuming I'm going to call or email her tomorrow. Ya like my thinking out loud...Me too. All my decisions will now be made this way. HAHA I went to the dr today for this stupid headache because it is not going away and well lets face it when you are in the medical field you become a hypocondriac and I swear I might have a brain tumor. Not really but it feels like it some days. I go in there and another thing that annoys me is waiting 3 hours when I have an appointment. Really perturbs me! Like I have 3 hours to wait..Oh ya and I have to go back Thursday...More of my life wasted. Anyways so they ask if I have been under any more stress. I start thinking and my answer is "well a little". I didn't want to sound like a cry baby who needed a cocktail of ativan, pain killers and antidepressants (not that there is anything wrong with them) when I went on about having a husband deploy, become a single mommy, getting a smart ass child (seriously I think Braeden was adopted to another home and they gave us a different kid), feeling totally overwhelmed, oh and I'm in the worst semester of school with a new teacher again and I didn't do too hot on my test and I started clinical which requires me to get up at 5AM and I'm definitely NOT a morning person. See whinny...I'll just let everyone else read it on my blog. Oh wait I have 2 people read my blog and I'm pretty sure they are family. PS I really feel sorry for my patients for the first couple weeks of my body adjusting to 5AM wake time. I really am probably the mean nurse until about 8 when my body wakes up and I actually talk, but lets face it when you're in the hospital you don't want some student waking you up at 6AM anyways so they are grouchy too. So anyways ummm..Ya I'm stressed but I have had tension headaches before and this is DEFINITELY not that. This is nausea, fingers going numb, heading wanting to explode, walking around getting ready in the dark because it seriously hurts too bad to face the light. Ya that kind. Anyways he just looks at me like I'm crazy for thinking I don't have tension headaches. He agrees with me though and thinks that it is a migraine and not just tension....And off I'm given a sample of some actual migraine stuff. Oh and while I was waiting for 3 hours there was a pharmaceutical rep waiting too. B/c evidently the dr was with another pharmaceutical rep (ya let's keep the patients waiting 3 hours to get free drugs...AWESOME). Well if you have ever seen Love and Other Drugs with Anne Hathaway you will get why I just busted out laughing when they passed by each other. I was just picturing one throwing the competition drugs in the garbage for the homeless to get. And them getting in a fist fight. Ya I was probably the only one who thought it was very ironic. I have a WHOLE new outlook on pharmaceutical reps. Anyways I guess that's all for my life this past week. Signing off on my randomness since the computer is all I talk to besides 4 year olds. Cheap therapy. LOL

No comments: