Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Big mistake

So tomorrow is the boys 5th birthday. Man has time flown by. I remember sitting in my chair at this time 5 years ago after just successfully stuffing my face at Shoguns trying to organize everyone to be at my house by 7 o'clock. Not because we had to go to the hospital no because the doctor had told me I could eat breakfast by 8. So ihop date it would be. The official last quite meal. And man am I glad I got up super early to eat because due to horrible circumstances my csection got pushed back even further and I didn't have the boys until 646 and 675. So glad I had that ihop. Anyways so the mistake...Beau and I told the boys last night that he would call tonight and we could open a couple presents because daddy had to fly all Wednesday. Well as I sit here typing trying to pass time I can hear the boys still awake in their room and have been up to ask me umpteen jillion times if
Daddy had called. I feel awful. I got their hopes up and they are getting crushed. I'm just at a lost of what to do. These are the moments I hate the most. Oh and baking 48 cupcakes and my dishwasher not being here. :). So as I sit and wait I feel guilty for letting the boys down when all reality I know it's not my fault or Beaus fault. It just didn't work out tonight and that's something I will have to learn to live with. And learn to keep my mouth shut around the boys until Beau is actually on the phone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAEDEN AND BRENNEN!!! Mommy and Daddy love youi!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

i'm so sorry! there isn't a worse feeling in the world than feeling like you let your kids down. :[ you are such a good mom to those two little cuties! and i hope that y'all finally got to talk to beau! AND i hope the boys have a GREAT 5th birthday!