Thursday, March 4, 2010

Braeden and Brennen Turn 3

WOW! I can't even believe I just typed 3..Did I really say my kids are 3?? It is amazing to me how time flies by. I remember the day we find out that we were pregnant, the day the blood test confirmed, my first sonogram at 8 weeks telling me it was TWINS, my many doctor appointments to ensure they were healthy, all the prayers that I had just to let me get them into this world. I made it to 33 weeks and became very uncomfy with my pregnancy due to my size. Some speak of being huge..To me that is an understatement, I was GIGANTIC! By this time I went to my doctor every other day for scheduled appointments and begged him to deliver. He pushed me to go further and further. One day, out of the blue he caved and said let's do a amnio and see how the lungs look. I was 34 weeks along and both amnio's came back that the boys lungs were matured. He assured me that this didn't mean that they would go straight to NICU, but it was about to POP and with my placenta previa it was best to have a scheduled c-section. The day is all too clear to me. I woke up and ate an early breakfast with Terri, Steph and Beau. My last calm breakfast before the trying to eat feeding a baby or holding one while they cried. Everything that I love about my kids but those moments that you sometimes wonder what you did with your life before kids. We went home and got everything ready to be at the hospital around 2. At 6:46 and 6:47 on February 22, 2007 the two most amazing miracles came into this world with not a single thing wrong with them. They were perfect. Beau and my mom got to hold them in the OR and since we knew one of the nurses they allowed my mom to video and take pictures of the delivery. It's one thing that I will cherish forever! Beau got to walk the sweet boys out of the delivery room straight to the well-baby nursery. This was one thing that we never thought would be possible, we believed it would only be a miracle and that miracle happened. Three days later I was released from the hospital along with both my babies. So many moms of multiples do not get this luxury and I was blessed to never have to step foot into the NICU or hurt and cry for my babies to grow to be strong enough to leave. They got to go home with me. Three years how it has flown by. I don't ever remember 3 years going by so fast in my life. Maybe it is because this year has been a busy one with me trying to finish my degree or maybe the more fun you have the faster time goes. I don't know but I sure need to stop and enjoy each second because I will blink again and they will be 18 and leaving for college. =[ Ok let's hope that doesn't fly by!

009_9_00

Steph Growling at the boys the night before I had them100_0860

The first stretch mark…We won’t show what it was 2 months later!! (SCARY!)

100_0890

Grammie and Daddy taking pictures

100_0924

Daddy bringing yall out to meet the world!!!

100_0947

The first family pic!

100_1001

Going home…To Abilene ironically!

AND NOW WE CELEBRATE BEING 3!!!  3 SHORT YEARS AGO AND SOOOO MANY CHANGES!  

IMG_1921 IMG_1940 IMG_1944 IMG_1957 IMG_1963 IMG_1993 IMG_2011 IMG_2026

Pics to come...I PROMISE! I just can't get anything to work right now including my camera, blogger, livewritter, iphoto..NOTHING will work right! I guess this is what I get for not updating my blog for 3 months! =[

No comments: